Turtle Fountain Continued

TURTLE FOUNTAIN CONTINUED
George Booth was in Rome in February of 1924 and ordered a copy of the fountain for Cranbrook. The fountain arrived from Naples in 1924 in 18 crates weighing 10 tons and was installed within the year. 

There are at least two other known copies of this fountain in the US, one on Nob Hill in San Francisco, California and one in the Ringling Museum in Sarasota, Florida.