The Reflecting Pool

Home

The lower level of the area west of Cranbrook House was landscaped in 1913 as an unobstructed, level expanse of lawn.

At age 11, the youngest Booth daughter, Florence, organized the District’s first dog show here in 1914. The entire family considered it a lovely place to view sunsets. 

The long, perennial-bordered pool was built in the early 1920's. Harmony, a stone sculpture by Mario Korbel, was designed for this location at the east end of the pool.