SHEPHERD & SHEPHERDESS
Location: The Library Terrace
Commonly referred to as The Gardener & His Wife, these two English sculptures are made entirely of lead by artist John Cheere. George Booth purchased the pair in London, England in 1923. The Shepherd originally held a shepherd's crook in his hand, which at some point was replaced by the shovel he holds today.