Perseus

The sculpture of Perseus was purchased by George Gough Booth in March of 1924 from the J. Chiurazzi & Sons company in Naples, Italy. The 30” bronze statue was given to Henry Scripps Booth and Carolyn Farr Booth who placed it at the pool at their Thornlea home (located east of Cranbrook House across Cranbrook Road, north of Brookside). 


Perseus was stolen from Thornlea in 1988 and found in August 1999. The sculpture was restored in 2008 and moved to the Conservatory Greenhouse in 2010.