Kingswood Lake

Home

KINGSWOOD LAKE
Location: North of Cranbrook House

By the time George and Ellen Booth purchased the Cranbrook property in 1904, the small lake that once existed on this site had all but dried up. Under the Booth’s direction, the lake was restored by damming a branch of the River Rouge - or the “Crane”, as the Booths called it - and named Kingswood, after George’s great, great grandmother, Elizabeth Kingswood.